For the Vegans out there, you could easily alter this recipe to suit you.
We serve it over chips with fresh avocado, cheese, and sour cream - which can all be left out. It is really good after that wrapped in tortillas. Yum!
Southwestern Quinoa Casserole:Ingredients
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- salt and pepper to taste (about a 1/4 tsp each should do it for most)
- shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mexican cheese
- sour creamDirections:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer.
- Except for the cheese and sour cream, throw all ingredients in a 2 qt casserole dish and mix up evenly.
- Cover with foil and cook for about 30 minutes
- Remove foil and stir.
- Cook uncovered for an additional 20 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Cover the top with a nice layer of cheese. Cook/broil until cheese is melted (just a few minutes).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some chips!